Yacht Club Boating And Fishing
Estrella Mountain Ranch – Goodyear Az 85338
How do we enjoy the water? Sailboat, paddleboat, kayak, or canoe for starters. You name it, the Estrella Yacht Club has it all. You can join in the fun and learn how to sail or kayak through exciting classes offered at Estrella Yacht Club in Estrella Mountain Ranch. Call 623.386.3411 for information.
Please Call John Deutsch 480-256-8688
10030 S. Estrella Pkwy
Goodyear, AZ 85338
New Hours of Operation:
Effective December 3, 2020
Fri, Sat, Sun 8am- 4pm
8.4-Lake & Yacht Club Rules and Regulations
1. “Boat Operator” A person who operates or is in actual physical control of a
watercraft while on the water
2. “Passenger” A person who is in a watercraft while on the water, but not in
actual physical control of the watercraft while on the water
3. “Parent/Legal Guardian” A person who has the legal authority (and
corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of
4. “Member” Any Owner shall be a Member of the Association–there shall be
only one Membership per Unit. The membership rights of an Owner may
be designated from time to time by the Owner in a written instrument
provided to the Secretary of the Association.
5. “Guests” A person accompanying a Member for use of Common Areas and
Amenities of Estrella Mountain
II. Yacht Club Rules
1. Yacht Club activities and use are restricted to Members and Guests of
Members of Estrella. The Estrella Identification card or Guest card/wrist
band must be presented in order to participate in activities or use the boats
at the Yacht Club.
2. Guests must be accompanied by a Member and are not authorized to check
out a boat without a Member present.
3. No more than two (2) boats may be checked out at any one time to a
Member or Guest.
4. Boat use is limited to a two (2) hour maximum per operator.
5. Boats must be returned to the boathouse in the same condition as when
checked out. Damage to Yacht Club boats caused by the boat operator is
the responsibility of the boat operator.
6. All Boating Rules, including Federal, State, and local guidelines, apply for
use of the Yacht Club boats. Please see “The Boater’s Guide of Arizona-A
Handbook of Boating Laws and Responsibilities”, as a reference
III. Boat Operator Rules
1. Prior to operating a boat, all boat operators must:
i. Provide a valid photo identification at check out (which
includes date of birth) and Estrella Resident ID card and/or
Guest card/wrist band
ii. Sign and submit the following forms according to age
requirements listed in section 2 below.
a) Boating Safety Rules
b) Agency Indemnification Agreement
c) Boat User Agreement
2. Age requirements for boat operators:
18-over: Must submit forms a, b, and c listed above.
13-17: Must submit forms a, b signed by parent or legal guardian,
and c from the list above.
10-12: Must submit forms a, b signed by parent or legal guardian
and c from the list above. A parent and/or legal guardian must
remain on-shore in a supervisory capacity while the child is in the
9-Under: May not be a boat operator without parent and/or legal
guardian accompanying them in the boat. Forms a, b, and c must be
submitted by the parent or legal guardian.
3. If operating a sailboat, boat operator must have passed the Yacht Club
Boating Safety course and the Estrella Sail boat class or Parent/Legal
Guardian must sign acknowledgement of sufficient boat operating
IV. Watercraft Rules
1. All watercraft are prohibited from entering the beach areas.
2. Boating is restricted to Members of Estrella and their Guests
3. Watercraft with internal combustion engines are prohibited except those
operated by the Association.
4. Electrically powered boats, pontoon boats and excursion boats may not
exceed 20 feet in length and are subject to Community approval.
5. Canoes, kayaks and paddleboats may not exceed 17 feet in length without
the prior written consent of the Association.
6. Sailboats may not exceed 14 feet in length, 200 pounds in weight nor 85
square feet of sail without the prior written consent of the Association.
7. Due to State and County regulations, windsurfers are prohibited.
8. All watercraft must be approved and registered with the Association. The
Association registration fee is $10.00 per watercraft. The registration sticker
must be attached so as to be readily visible.
9. No more than two (2) private watercraft may be registered per family.
10. All watercraft must be equipped with Coast Guard approved life
preservers for each crewmember and passenger at all times, and life
preservers must be worn at all times by users of the watercraft. All app licable
Coast Guard regulations must be followed while operating watercraft.
11. No boats may be operated after sunset and must be removed from the
lakes and the shores of the lakes.
12. Watercraft owners and operators assume all liability for damage to boats,
cars, trailers, or other property, or for personal injury to the watercraft user(s).
13. All watercraft must remain 20 feet from shore except to launch or
return the craft to shore.
14. All watercraft must remain 10 feet from lake aerators. Damage to
aerators caused by watercraft will result in the operator being charged the cost
15. Boat usage is allowed with wind speeds up to 15 MPH. With wind speeds
of 15-20 MPH only sail boats are allowed to be used. No boats are allowed to
be used when wind speed exceeds 20 MPH. This is a constant/average wind
speed with gusts not to exceed 5 MPH over maximum speed.
16. Yacht club will suspend boating if winds exceed 20 MPH with 5 MPH
gusts. If 30 minutes pass without reaching this limit the Yacht Club will
V. Fishing Rules
1. Fishing is restricted to Members of Estrella and their Guests.
2. Persons fishing must be in possession of their Estrella Identification or
Guest card/wrist band.
3. Fishhooks shall be barb-less; barbed hooks are prohibited. All fish
caught are to be released back into the Lakes.
4. Fishing is done with no more than one line per person and no more
than one hook per line. Unattended lines are prohibited.
5. Gigs, spears, explosives, firearms, air rifles, electric devices, nets, traps
and bows and arrows are prohibited.
6. Disposing of litter and leaving dead fish in the Lakes or on the shoreline
VI. Lake and Beach Rules
1. Due to State and County regulations, swimming and wading are
prohibited in the Lakes.
2. Drinks are allowed in non-breakable containers only.
3. No animals are allowed within designated beach areas.